Microsoft Corporation (NASDAQ:MSFT) has announced its anniversary update for Windows 10.
Here are a few things to know about the Microsoft Windows 10 update:
- Windows Hello is being updated to work with apps and websites that support it.
- Windows Defender can be set for periodic virus scans and sends notifications when scans are completed.
- Enterprise customers can use Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection to try and thwart cyberattacks.
- Windows Information Protection allows businesses to separate private and corporate data.
- The update will include a new note-taking app called Windows Ink.
- Cortana, the company’s virtual assistant, is being updated to help users with productivity.
- Microsoft Edge is being updated with more power and several extensions.
- The new Xbox Play Anywhere program will launch in this Windows update.
- New tools are being released to help teachers using Windows 10 set up student computers.
- The Microsoft Windows 10 update will be released on August 2.
To learn more about the Microsoft Windows 10 update, click here.
More From InvestorPlace:
- 7 Stocks to Buy Now for the Millennial Takeover
- The Top 10 S&P 500 Dividend Stocks to Buy Now
- 10 Stocks You Should Buy at a Moment’s Notice