The 2018 edition of the best restaurants in the world has been revealed, highlighting the 50 best from around the world.
Here’s the top 10:
- Osteria Francescana: Located in Modena, Italy, this restaurant is known for combining traditional flavors with a modern philosophy with a small-town feel to it.
- El Celler Can Roca: Girona, Spain is the home of this restaurant, which is known for its playfulness with innovative cooking techniques and unique presentations.
- Mirazur: Located in Menton, France, this restaurant grows its own produce in its backyard and it features local French and Italian ingredients.
- Eleven Madison Park: This restaurant calls New York City home and it has a minimalistic feel to it that includes a savory cheesecake made from smoked sturgeon with a mountain of caviar on top.
- Gaggan: Experience some delicious Thai cuisine in this Bangkok restaurant, which offers meals of 25 or more courses of small bites.
- Central: South America’s highest ranked restaurant in the list is Central, in Lima, Peru, which features plenty of corn, potato and more.
- Maido: Lima has a second entry in the list in Maido, featuring fresh fish and citrus-packed sauces.
- Arpege: Paris, France is the home of this upscale restaurant, which is mostly known for delicious ways of serving vegetables, but meat is in the menu as well.
- Mugaritz: Head over to San Sebastian, Spain for a unique restaurant experience in Mugaritz that relies on Basque cuisine from the sea and mountains.
- Asador Extebarri: Aspe, Spain is where this minimalist grill cookery is located.