We have compiled the US News list of the 10 best places to retire in USA 2019, which includes plenty of places in Florida and Pennsylvania.
The publication unveiled the top 100 cities in the country to spend your golden years at, analyzing data for the 100 largest metropolitan areas in the USA in order to measure how well these areas meet Americans’ needs and expectations for retirement. The list examined a number of factors, including the happiness of local residents, housing affordability, tax rates and healthcare quality.
Just missing out on the selection of the 10 best places to retire in USA 2019 were Daytona Beach, Fla., Washington DC and El Paso, Texas as these three cities took the number 13, 12, and 11 spots respectively. They all had an overall score of at least 7.0 out of 10 in terms of how good of a retirement location they make.
Here’s the top 10:
- Lancaster, Penn.: Overall score of 7.5
- Fort Myers, Fla.: Overall score of 7.4
- Sarasota, Fla.: Overall score of 7.4
- Austin, Texas: Overall score of 7.2
- Pittsburgh, Penn.: Overall score of 7.1
- Grand Rapids, Mich.: Overall score of 7.1
- Nashville, Tenn.: Overall score of 7.1
- San Antonio, Texas: Overall score of 7.0
- Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas: Overall score of 7.0
- Lakeland, Fla.: Overall score of 7.0
Most of the great places to retire in the country are in Northeast, although Texas and Florida have plenty of great options as well.