Project Scarlett, Microsoft’s (NASDAQ:MSFT) next-generation video game console, is coming next year.
Here’s everything we know about Project Scarlett.
- The new details about the console were announced during the Microsoft E3 2019 press conference.
- Starting off the details is the company promising it will support 8K video.
- Microsoft is also promising that the console will be able to reach 120 frames per second.
- The Project Scarlett console will also use an SSD for its storage.
- This means that it will be able to offer much faster load times than the Xbox One X.
- Another detail about Project Scarlett is that it will be four times more powerful than the Xbox One X.
- The next-gen console will also be using a processor from AMD (NASDAQ:AMD).
- Fans of physical media also won’t have to worry as Microsoft says Project Scarlett will feature a disk drive.
- While the exact release date of Project Scarlett is still unknown, we do have an idea of when it will be coming out.
- Microsoft says that the video game console will be coming out in Holiday 2020.
- This means gamers won’t be seeing the device launch until later next year.
- When the next Xbox does come out, gamers will also already have one launch title they know they can buy.
- Microsoft says that it will be launching Halo Infinite alongside its next console.
As of this writing, William White did not hold a position in any of the aforementioned securities.