Northern Genesis Acquisition (NYSE:NGA) stock is on the rise Wednesday following news that Lion Electric’s CEO will appear on Mad Money tonight.
Jim Cramer, the host of Mad Money, is planning to conduct an interview with Lion Electric CEO Marc Bédard during the show tonight. The company’s focus is on electric vehicles (EV), with buses being its specialty.
So why does this matter to NGA stock? Northern Genesis Acquisition is planning to take Lion Electric public via a SPAC merger. That means any news from the EV company is affecting NGA stock head of the merger.
Today’s Lion Electric news already has shares of NGA stock experiencing heavy trading in the morning hours. As of this writing, more than 5.7 million shares have changed hands. To put that in perspective, its daily average trading volume is 2.3 million shares.
NGA stock was up 6.4% as of Wednesday morning and is up 38.9% since the start of the year.
On the date of publication, William White did not have (either directly or indirectly) any positions in the securities mentioned in this article.
More Lion Electric and NGA Stock News from InvestorPlace
- Top SPAC Merger News This Week: SoFi, Clover Health, Lion Electric and 6 More Hot SPACs
- Northern Genesis (NGA) Stock Surges Ahead of Lion Electric SPAC Merger
- 5 SPAC Stock Mergers Recently Announced and 3 Rumored Mergers
- Top SPAC Merger News This Week: Innoviz, Arrival, Luminar, View, QuantumScape, Stem and More
- Lion Electric SPAC Merger: 7 Things to Know About EV Play LEV Stock