Calorie-conscious consumers will soon have an easier time selecting items from the McDonald’s (NYSE:MCD) menu.
The world’s largest fast-food chain will launch its “Favorites Under 400 Calories,” campaign Tuesday. The initiative that will organize the items on its menu boards by calorie count will coincide with the Summer Olympics, The Chicago Tribune reports.
Here’s a look at some of the items that contain 300 calories or less.
- Southwest Salad
- Strawberry Banana Real Fruit Smoothie
- Fruit and Yogurt Parfait*
- Small Fries*
- Premium Caesar Salad*
- Bacon Ranch Salad*
And here are a few items that contain 400 calories of less.
- Medium Fries*
- Oreo McFlurry*
“We’ve been looking at new ways we can provide easy-to-find and easy-to-understand, simple nutrition information,” McDonald’s USA Chief Marketing Officer Neil Golden told the Tribune.
While Golden attributes the burger joint’s new campaign to the company’s continuing desire to “evolve,” McDonald’s and other restaurants that have 20 or more locations will soon be required to disclose calorie counts on menus. The new requirements that the Federal Food and Drug Administration is expected to finalize later this year stem from health care reform legislation President Obama signed into law in 2010.
* Information obtained from Calorie Count.
More McDonald’s Headlines
- McDonald’s Misses Q2 Earnings Forecast, Shares Fall
- PHOTO: McDonald’s Disappointing Olympics Menu
- McDonald’s Starts Sharing Company Secrets in New Videos
- Why McDonald’s Plans to Play Chicken
- McDonald’s Introduces the $1 McCruncher to Select Markets
- Has McDonald’s Hit a Roadblock It Can’t Overcome?
- U.K. Doctors: McDonald’s Doesn’t Belong at the Olympics
- Big Macs and Turbines Fuel a Rally — Friday’s IP Market Recap
- McDonald’s to Require Pork Suppliers to Stop Using Inhumane Crates
- Deputies Taser Woman at McDonalds for Cutting in Line
- McDonald’s Cuts ‘Pink Slime’ off Menu — Will It Cut Profits?
- World’s Biggest McDonald’s Is Coming, Sort Of
- McDonald’s Olympics Uniforms Inspired by ‘Mad Men’ Style
- 3 Things You Can Expect From McDonald’s in Near Future
- McDonald’s Vandalized Over Botched Order
- Man Charged With Felony for Stealing McDonald’s Soda