Basic materials stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street so far on Tuesday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.4%, the Nasdaq was up 0.6% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is up 3.6% today.
- Universal Forest Products (UFPI): UFPI stock is up 2.2%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Encore Wire Corp (WIRE): WIRE stock is up 1.8%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Arcelormittal (MT): MT stock is up 1.7% today.
- Kapstone Paper and Packaging Corp (KS): KS stock is up 1.2%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Watts Water Technologies (WTS): WTS stock is up 1.5%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Mueller Water Products (MWA): MWA stock is up 1.3% today.
- Ternium S.A. (TX): TX stock is up 1.1% today.
- RBC Bearings Inc (ROLL): ROLL stock is up 1.2% today.
- Polypore International Inc (PPO): PPO stock is up 1.1% today and up 22.7% in the last month.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Harmony Gold Mining Co. Ltd (HMY): HMY stock is down 5.7% today.
- Anglogold Ashanti Ltd (AU): AU stock is down 5.5% today.
- Gold Fields Ltd (GFI): GFI stock is down 4.1% today.
- Agnico-Eagle Mines Limited (AEM): AEM stock is down 4.5% today.
- Iamgold Corp (IAG): IAG stock is down 3.3% today.
- Barrick Gold Corp (ABX): ABX stock is down 3.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Kinross Gold Corp (KGC): KGC stock is down 2.5% to a new 52-week low of $3.86.
- Sasol Ltd (SSL): SSL stock is down 2.9% today.
- Newmont Mining Corp (NEM): NEM stock is down 2.5% today.
- Eldorado Gold Corp (EGO): EGO stock is down 2.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.