Dividend Stocks — Questar Corporation (STR)
- YTD return: +4% vs. +2% for the S&P 500
- Current dividend yield: 3.0%
- Total return since 2004: 415% vs. 68% total return for the S&P
- Dividend increase since 2004: 68%
- Consecutive annual dividend increases: 41, since 1973
- Years of dividends paid: 68, since 1935
Questar Corporation (STR) is an integrated natural gas company. And while natural gas prices have been soft in recent years thanks to lower demand and big supply increases, Questar has been going like gangbusters.
The stock is up five-fold since early 2004, and has increased its dividend steadily across the same period.
At just $4.2 billion in market size, Questar may not be on your current list of dividend champions. But considering the dividend growth and long-term share appreciation, STR stock is definitely worth a look.