Dividend Stocks — HCP, Inc. (HCP)
- YTD return: +14%
- Current dividend yield: 5.3%
- Total return since 2004: +205%
- Dividend increase since 2004: 15%
- Consecutive annual dividend increases: 29, since 1985
- Years of dividends paid: 29, since 1985
HCP, Inc. (HCP) is a real estate investment trust or REIT. That means a mandate for big dividends, as these kind of companies must return 90% of taxable income to shareholders.
But the big difference that sets HCP stock apart is its focus on the healthcare industry. HCP leases or owns space for senior housing facilities, medical offices and even hospitals.
What with the aging Baby Boomer demographic and the advent of Obamacare insuring more “customers” for healthcare-related businesses, HCP is a great growth industry.
And if you look at the long-term dividend trends, HCP stock also has a ton of income potential to boot.