Dividend Stocks — Johnson & Johnson (JNJ)
- YTD return: +10%
- Current dividend yield: 2.8%
- Total return since 2004: +141%
- Dividend increase since 2004: 131%
- Consecutive annual dividend increases: 52, since 1962
- Years of dividends paid: 70, since 1944
Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) is another healthcare play, but also a consumer staples play thanks to its very popular brands including Band-Aid, Tylenol and even Splenda.
This brand power and stability makes JNJ a must-own for any long-term investor with an eye on dividends.
Of course, don’t think JNJ is just a sleepy do-nothing play, however. The stock has returned about 140% in the last 10 years, including an impressive double-digit gains YTD despite a pretty flat S&P 500.