Capital goods stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street on Thursday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.6%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.3%, the Nasdaq stayed the same and the S&P 500 rose 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- Cummins Inc (CMI): CMI stock is up 2.0% today.
- Urs Corp (URS): URS stock is up 2.3%, marking the seventh consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Emcor Group (EME): EME stock is up 1.4% today.
- Dxp Enterprises (DXPE): DXPE stock is up 1.0% today.
- Terex Corp (TEX): TEX stock is up 1.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Tenaris S.A. (TS): TS stock is up 1.6% today.
- Granite Construction Inc (GVA): GVA stock is up 1.0% today.
- Harsco Corp (HSC): HSC stock is up 1.2% today.
- USG Corp (USG): USG stock is up 1.2% today.
- Caterpillar Inc (CAT): CAT stock is up 1.2% to a new 52-week high of $110.82.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- Simon Property Group (SPG): SPG stock is down 0.6% today.
- KB Home (KBH): KBH stock is down 0.7% today.
- Primoris Services Corp (PRIM): PRIM stock is down 0.6% today.
- Lennar Corp (LEN): LEN stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.