Walt Disney Co (NYSE:DIS) is planning to open a new Star Wars hotel.
Here’s what we know about Disney’s plans for a Star Wars hotel.
- The new hotel will be located at Walt Disney World in Florida.
- All of the employees that work at the hotel will be cast members that wear costumes and stay in character.
- The inside of the hotel will look like a spaceship.
- This means that windows will only show views of space, instead of the surrounding area.
- Every guests that stays at the hotel will have their own story line.
- The company claims that these stories will affect the person’s visit every minute.
- Disney announced the new hotel at its D23 expo, which is being held in Los Angeles.
- It will be a part of the company’s new Disney 360 vacation concept.
Here’s what Bob Chapek, Chairman of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, said about the Star Wars Hotel.
“It’s unlike anything that exists today. From the second you arrive, you will become a part of a Star Wars story! You’ll immediately become a citizen of the galaxy and experience all that entails, including dressing up in the proper attire. Once you leave Earth, you will discover a starship alive with characters, stories, and adventures that unfold all around you. It is 100% immersive, and the story will touch every single minute of your day, and it will culminate in a unique journey for every person who visits.”
As of this writing, William White did not hold a position in any of the aforementioned securities.