Basic materials stocks declined broadly on Wall Street so far on Wednesday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.1%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.2%, the Nasdaq fell 0.2% and the S&P 500 declined 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Harmony Gold Mining Co. Ltd (HMY): HMY stock is up 4.9% today.
- Polypore International Inc (PPO): PPO stock is up 4.1% today and up 26.2% in the last month.
- Novagold Resources Inc (NG): NG stock is up 2.9% today.
- Yamana Gold (AUY): AUY stock is up 2.5% today.
- Pan American Silver (PAAS): PAAS stock is up 1.9%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Southern Peru Copper Corp (SCCO): SCCO stock is up 2.0% today.
- Barrick Gold Corp (ABX): ABX stock is up 1.4% today.
- Hecla Mining Company (HL): HL stock is up 1.3% today.
- New Gold Inc (NGD): NGD stock is up 1.4% today.
- Eldorado Gold Corp (EGO): EGO stock is up 1.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Sociedad Quimica Y Minera S.A. (SQM): SQM stock is down 3.9% today.
- Circor International (CIR): CIR stock is down 1.6% today.
- Trex Company (TREX): TREX stock is down 2.3% today.
- Berry Plastics Group Inc (BERY): BERY stock is down 1.8% today.
- Raven Industries (RAVN): RAVN stock is down 1.8% today.
- Innospec Inc (IOSP): IOSP stock is down 0.8% today.
- RBC Bearings Inc (ROLL): ROLL stock is down 1.4% today.
- Sasol Ltd (SSL): SSL stock is down 1.6% today.
- Encore Wire Corp (WIRE): WIRE stock is down 1.6% today.
- Polyone Corp (POL): POL stock is down 1.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.