Energy stocks rose 0.3% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.4% higher, the Nasdaq rose 0.7% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Interoil Corp (IOC): IOC stock is up 2.5% today.
- Basic Energy Services (BAS): BAS stock is up 2.4% today.
- Patterson-Uti Energy (PTEN): PTEN stock is up 2.2% today.
- Key Energy Services (KEG): KEG stock is up 2.0% today.
- Weatherford International Ltd (WFT): WFT stock is up 1.9% today.
- Carrizo Oil & Gas (CRZO): CRZO stock is up 1.7% today.
- McDermott International (MDR): MDR stock is up 1.7% today.
- Consol Energy Inc (CNX): CNX stock is up 1.7% today.
- Rosetta Resources Inc (ROSE): ROSE stock is up 1.6% today.
- Superior Energy Services (SPN): SPN stock is up 1.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Plains All American Pipeline L.P. (PAA): PAA stock is down 1.3% today.
- Sandridge Energy Inc (SD): SD stock is down 1.2%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Atwood Oceanics (ATW): ATW stock is down 1.2% today.
- Ultra Petroleum (UPL): UPL stock is down 1.1% today.
- Questar Corp (STR): STR stock is down 1.0% today.
- Oiltanking Partners L.P. (OILT): OILT stock is down 0.9% today.
- Sunoco Logistics Partners LP (SXL): SXL stock is down 0.9% today.
- Enbridge Energy L.P. (EEP): EEP stock is down 0.8% today.
- Ensco Plc (ESV): ESV stock is down 0.7%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Cloud Peak Energy Inc (CLD): CLD stock is down 0.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.