Technology stocks finished up 1.3% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 1.0% higher, the Nasdaq was up 1.6% and the S&P 500 increased 1.0%.
Some of the biggest gainers among technology stocks include:
- Echostar Corp (SATS): SATS stock is up 6.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Workday Inc (WDAY): WDAY stock is up 6.2% today.
- Pandora Media Inc (P): P stock is up 6.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Cognex Corp (CGNX): CGNX stock is up 5.1% today.
- Arris Group Inc (ARRS): ARRS stock is up 5.1% today.
- Cray Inc (CRAY): CRAY stock is up 5.1% today.
- Insight Enterprises (NSIT): NSIT stock is up 5.0% to a new 52-week high of $29.15.
- Acxiom Corp (ACXM): ACXM stock is up 4.9% today.
- Rackspace Hosting Inc (RAX): RAX stock is up 4.8% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Allscripts Healthcare Solutions (MDRX): MDRX stock is up 4.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among technology stocks include:
- Universal Display Corp (OLED): OLED stock is down 6.9% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Mellanox Technologies (MLNX): MLNX stock is down 0.5% to a new 52-week low of $32.14.
- Mindray Medical International Limited (MR): MR stock is down 0.3% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Mettler-Toledo International (MTD): MTD stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.