If simply “Liking” something on Facebook (FB) just wasn’t enough to signal the full depth of your enthusiasm, the social media giant is adding “Big Like” to emphasize the action.
“Big Like” is one of a number of new features FB has included in version 6.0 of its Facebook Messenger app. In addition to “Big Like” — which works by tapping and holding the “Like” button until it registers a “Big Like” — the Facebook Messenger app now allows users to add in-line video clips, CNET notes.
Users can now to send video to friends captured through a smartphone’s front-facing camera via the FB app, without having to launch the phone’s own camera app first. Videos recorded and sent through the FB messaging app have a time limit of 15 seconds.
FB has released the Facebook Messenger update for devices running Apple’s (AAPL) iOS and Google’s (GOOG) Android operating systems.
In Friday trading, FB stock rose slightly. FB stock closed at $64.29 per share on Thursday.
More Facebook (FB) News:
- Happy Friday the 13th: Free Images for Facebook, Twitter
- Here Comes Another Leg Up in Facebook Stock!
- Facebook Stock Poised to Soar Higher With David Marcus
- Whoopsie! Facebook Launches Slingshot App by Accident
- Why Facebook REALLY Bought WhatsApp