Consumer cyclical stocks finished down broadly on Wall Street on Friday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.7%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.3%, the Nasdaq fell 0.2% and the S&P 500 was down 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer cyclical stocks include:
- Rush Enterprises (RUSHB): RUSHB stock is up 2.8% to a new 52-week high of $31.19.
- Hillenbrand Inc (HI): HI stock is up 1.4% today.
- Wabco Holdings Inc (WBC): WBC stock is up 1.2%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Hanesbrands Inc (HBI): HBI stock is up 1.1% to a new 52-week high of $88.20.
- Genuine Parts Company (GPC): GPC stock is up 0.9% today.
- Ralph Lauren Corp (RL): RL stock is up 0.9% today.
- Harman International Industries Inc (HAR): HAR stock is up 0.8% today.
- Tesla Motors (TSLA): TSLA stock is up 0.8% today.
- Sony Corp (SNE): SNE stock is up 0.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Standard Motor Products (SMP): SMP stock is up 0.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer cyclical stocks include:
- Tempur-Pedic International Inc (TPX): TPX stock is down 1.0% today.
- Phillips-Van Heusen Corp (PVH): PVH stock is down 0.8% today.
- Nike Inc (NKE): NKE stock is down 0.7% today.
- Polaris Industries Inc (PII): PII stock is down 0.7% today.
- G-III Apparel Group (GIII): GIII stock is down 0.7% today.
- Borgwarner Inc (BWA): BWA stock is down 0.7% today.
- Navistar International Corp (NAV): NAV stock is down 0.5% today.
- General Motors Company (GM): GM stock is down 0.4% today.
- Pool Corp (POOL): POOL stock is down 0.3% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Magna International (MGA): MGA stock is down 0.3% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.