Consumer cyclical stocks finished down broadly on Wall Street on Friday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.7%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.3%, the Nasdaq fell 0.2% and the S&P 500 was down 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer cyclical stocks include:
- Rush Enterprises (RUSHB): RUSHB stock is up 2.8% to a new 52-week high of $31.19.
- Hillenbrand Inc (HI): HI stock is up 1.4% today.
- Wabco Holdings Inc (WBC): WBC stock is up 1.2%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Hanesbrands Inc (HBI): HBI stock is up 1.1% to a new 52-week high of $88.20.
- Genuine Parts Company (GPC): GPC stock is up 0.9% today.
- Ralph Lauren Corp (RL): RL stock is up 0.9% today.
- Harman International Industries Inc (HAR): HAR stock is up 0.8% today.
- Tesla Motors (TSLA): TSLA stock is up 0.8% today.
- Sony Corp (SNE): SNE stock is up 0.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Standard Motor Products (SMP): SMP stock is up 0.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer cyclical stocks include:
- Tempur-Pedic International Inc (TPX): TPX stock is down 1.0% today.
- Phillips-Van Heusen Corp (PVH): PVH stock is down 0.8% today.
- Nike Inc (NKE): NKE stock is down 0.7% today.
- Polaris Industries Inc (PII): PII stock is down 0.7% today.
- G-III Apparel Group (GIII): GIII stock is down 0.7% today.
- Borgwarner Inc (BWA): BWA stock is down 0.7% today.
- Navistar International Corp (NAV): NAV stock is down 0.5% today.
- General Motors Company (GM): GM stock is down 0.4% today.
- Pool Corp (POOL): POOL stock is down 0.3% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Magna International (MGA): MGA stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.