Financial stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Wednesday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average remained flat, the Nasdaq increased 0.4% and the S&P 500 stayed the same.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Comerica Inc (CMA): CMA stock is up 2.5% today.
- Home Bancshares (HOMB): HOMB stock is up 2.1% today.
- TD Ameritrade Holding Corp (AMTD): AMTD stock is up 2.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Federated Investors (FII): FII stock is up 2.1% today.
- Morgan Stanley (MS): MS stock is up 2.1% today.
- The Charles Schwab Corp (SCHW): SCHW stock is up 2.1% today.
- Pacwest Bancorp (PACW): PACW stock is up 2.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Bank of The Ozarks (OZRK): OZRK stock is up 2.0% today.
- Prudential Financial Inflation Retail (PRU): PRU stock is up 1.9% today.
- Associated Banc-Corp (ASBC): ASBC stock is up 1.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Everest Re Group (RE): RE stock is down 2.3% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Calamos Convertible and High (CHY): CHY stock is down 2.2% today.
- Annaly Capital Management Inc (NLY): NLY stock is down 2.0% today.
- Banco De Chile (BCH): BCH stock is down 1.9% today.
- XL Company Switzerland Gmbh (XL): XL stock is down 1.8% today.
- Corpbanca (BCA): BCA stock is down 1.8% today.
- Cincinnati Financial Corp (CINF): CINF stock is down 1.8% today.
- Assured Guaranty Ltd (AGO): AGO stock is down 1.7% today.
- Hartford Financial Services Group (HIG): HIG stock is down 1.6% today.
- Platinum Underwriters Holdings Ltd (PTP): PTP stock is down 1.6% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.