Energy stocks rose broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 1.0% higher, the Nasdaq was up 1.6% and the S&P 500 climbed 1.0%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Cvr Energy Inc (CVI): CVI stock is up 3.1% today.
- Matador Resources Company (MTDR): MTDR stock is up 2.4% today.
- Canadian Natural Resources (CNQ): CNQ stock is up 2.0% today.
- Magnum Hunter Resources Corp (MHR): MHR stock is up 2.0% today.
- Laredo Petroleum Holdings Inc (LPI): LPI stock is up 1.9% today.
- Energen Corp (EGN): EGN stock is up 1.9% today.
- Cimarex Energy Co (XEC): XEC stock is up 1.8% today.
- Comstock Resources (CRK): CRK stock is up 1.7% today.
- Dril-Quip (DRQ): DRQ stock is up 1.7% today.
- Devon Energy Corp (DVN): DVN stock is up 1.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Nustar Energy L.P. (NS): NS stock is down 2.6% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Rowan Companies (RDC): RDC stock is down 1.6% today.
- Pacific Drilling S.A. (PACD): PACD stock is down 1.5% today.
- Calumet Specialty Products (CLMT): CLMT stock is down 1.5% today.
- Nustar Gp Holdings Llc (NSH): NSH stock is down 1.1% today.
- Oiltanking Partners L.P. (OILT): OILT stock is down 1.0% today and down 47.9% in the last month.
- Nabors Industries (NBR): NBR stock is down 0.6% today.
- Access Midstream Partners L.P. (ACMP): ACMP stock is down 0.5% today.
- Tesoro Petroleum Corp (TSO): TSO stock is down 0.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Global Partners LP (GLP): GLP stock is down 0.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.