Utilities stocks rose 0.2% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed consistent, the Nasdaq fell 0.1% and the S&P 500 stayed level.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Energy Transfer Equity LP (ETE): ETE stock is up 1.8% today.
- Brookfield Infrastructure Partners LP (BIP): BIP stock is up 1.2% today.
- Hawaiian Electric Industries (HE): HE stock is up 1.1% today.
- Boardwalk Pipeline Partners L.P. (BWP): BWP stock is up 1.0% today.
- Entergy Corp (ETR): ETR stock is up 0.9% today.
- Dte Energy Company (DTE): DTE stock is up 0.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Public Service Enterprise Group Inc (PEG): PEG stock is up 0.8% today.
- Firstenergy Corp (FE): FE stock is up 0.8% today.
- Transcananda Pipelines (TRP): TRP stock is up 0.7% today.
- Centerpoint Energy Inc (CNP): CNP stock is up 0.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Trident Performance Group (TCP): TCP stock is down 1.1% today.
- Cheniere Energy Partners LP (CQP): CQP stock is down 1.1% today.
- American States Water Company (AWR): AWR stock is down 0.9% today.
- Enlink Midstream Partners LP (ENLK): ENLK stock is down 0.9% today.
- Spectra Energy Partners LP (SEP): SEP stock is down 0.6% today.
- Otter Tail Corp (OTTR): OTTR stock is down 0.6% today.
- National Fuel Gas Company (NFG): NFG stock is down 0.5%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Allete Inc (ALE): ALE stock is down 0.4% today.
- PNM Resources Inc (PNM): PNM stock is down 0.4%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Newjersey Resources Corp (NJR): NJR stock is down 0.3%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.