Healthcare stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.8% higher, the Nasdaq increased 1.1% and the S&P 500 was up 0.8%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Cantel Medical (CMN): CMN stock is up 2.8% today.
- Endo Pharmaceuticals Holdings Inc (ENDP): ENDP stock is up 2.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Incyte Corp (INCY): INCY stock is up 2.1% today.
- Auxilium Pharmaceuticals (AUXL): AUXL stock is up 2.1% today and up 66.9% in the last month.
- Abbvie Inc. Common Stock (ABBV): ABBV stock is up 2.1% today.
- Allergan Inc (AGN): AGN stock is up 1.8% today.
- Alnylam Pharmaceuticals (ALNY): ALNY stock is up 1.7% today.
- Kindred Healthcare (KND): KND stock is up 1.5% today.
- Astrazeneca Plc (AZN): AZN stock is up 1.4% today.
- Celgene Corp (CELG): CELG stock is up 1.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Salix Pharmaceuticals (SLXP): SLXP stock is down 2.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Universal Health Services (UHS): UHS stock is down 2.4% today on 2 times normal volume.
- China Biologic Products (CBPO): CBPO stock is down 2.3% today.
- Tenet Healthcare Corp (THC): THC stock is down 1.8% today.
- Msa Safety Inc. (MSA): MSA stock is down 1.1% today.
- Lifepoint Hospitals (LPNT): LPNT stock is down 1.0% today.
- Isis Pharmaceuticals (ISIS): ISIS stock is down 0.9% today.
- The Spectranetics Corp (SPNC): SPNC stock is down 0.9%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Qiagen N.V. (QGEN): QGEN stock is down 0.6% today.
- Fresenius Medical Care Corp (FMS): FMS stock is down 0.6% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.