Services stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street on Friday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.2%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.4% higher and the S&P 500 increased 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among services stocks include:
- Las Vegas Sands (LVS): LVS stock is up 2.8% today.
- Melco Crown Entertainment Limited (MPEL): MPEL stock is up 2.5% today.
- China Telecom Corp Ltd (CHA): CHA stock is up 2.5% today.
- Boyd Gaming Corp (BYD): BYD stock is up 3.2% today.
- E-House [China] Holdings (EJ): EJ stock is up 2.3% today.
- Jack In The Box Inc (JACK): JACK stock is up 2.2% today.
- Footlocker Inc (FL): FL stock is up 2.4% today.
- Wynn Resorts Limited (WYNN): WYNN stock is up 2.4% today.
- Pinnacle Entertainment (PNK): PNK stock is up 2.5% today.
- Bj’s Restaurants (BJRI): BJRI stock is up 2.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among services stocks include:
- The Finish Line (FINL): FINL stock is down 11.4% today.
- Iron Mountain Inc (IRM): IRM stock is down 10.3% today.
- American Capital Agency (AGNC): AGNC stock is down 4.1% today.
- Starwood Property Trust (STWD): STWD stock is down 4.1% today.
- Mobile Telesystems (MBT): MBT stock is down 3.5% today.
- Capstead Mortgage Corp (CMO): CMO stock is down 3.5% today.
- Two Harbors Investments Corp (TWO): TWO stock is down 3.4%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Ctc Media (CTCM): CTCM stock is down 2.3%, marking the seventh consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Sears Holdings Corp (SHLD): SHLD stock is down 2.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Colony Financial Inc (CLNY): CLNY stock is down 2.0% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.