Services stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street on Friday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.2%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.4% higher and the S&P 500 increased 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among services stocks include:
- Las Vegas Sands (LVS): LVS stock is up 2.8% today.
- Melco Crown Entertainment Limited (MPEL): MPEL stock is up 2.5% today.
- China Telecom Corp Ltd (CHA): CHA stock is up 2.5% today.
- Boyd Gaming Corp (BYD): BYD stock is up 3.2% today.
- E-House [China] Holdings (EJ): EJ stock is up 2.3% today.
- Jack In The Box Inc (JACK): JACK stock is up 2.2% today.
- Footlocker Inc (FL): FL stock is up 2.4% today.
- Wynn Resorts Limited (WYNN): WYNN stock is up 2.4% today.
- Pinnacle Entertainment (PNK): PNK stock is up 2.5% today.
- Bj’s Restaurants (BJRI): BJRI stock is up 2.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among services stocks include:
- The Finish Line (FINL): FINL stock is down 11.4% today.
- Iron Mountain Inc (IRM): IRM stock is down 10.3% today.
- American Capital Agency (AGNC): AGNC stock is down 4.1% today.
- Starwood Property Trust (STWD): STWD stock is down 4.1% today.
- Mobile Telesystems (MBT): MBT stock is down 3.5% today.
- Capstead Mortgage Corp (CMO): CMO stock is down 3.5% today.
- Two Harbors Investments Corp (TWO): TWO stock is down 3.4%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Ctc Media (CTCM): CTCM stock is down 2.3%, marking the seventh consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Sears Holdings Corp (SHLD): SHLD stock is down 2.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Colony Financial Inc (CLNY): CLNY stock is down 2.0% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.