Services stocks rose broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 1.0%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.8% higher, the Nasdaq rose 1.1% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.8%.
Some of the biggest gainers among services stocks include:
- Stantec Inc (STN): STN stock is up 5.0% today.
- Rent-A-Center Inc (RCII): RCII stock is up 3.5% today.
- Cedar Fair L.P. (FUN): FUN stock is up 3.4% today.
- E-Commerce China Dangdang Inc (DANG): DANG stock is up 3.1% today.
- Oi S.A. Ads (OIBR): OIBR stock is up 2.8% today.
- Darden Restaurants (DRI): DRI stock is up 2.7% today.
- Lumber Liquidators Holdings Inc (LL): LL stock is up 2.7% today.
- Tjx Companies (TJX): TJX stock is up 2.7% today.
- Tractor Supply Company (TSCO): TSCO stock is up 2.7% today.
- Liberty Media Corp (LINTA): LINTA stock is up 2.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among services stocks include:
- Barnes & Noble (BKS): BKS stock is down 4.3% today.
- Rite Aid Corp (RAD): RAD stock is down 3.2% today.
- Equity Residential (EQR): EQR stock is down 2.0% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Avalonbay Communities (AVB): AVB stock is down 1.6% today.
- Rovi Corp (ROVI): ROVI stock is down 1.4% today.
- Vail Resorts (MTN): MTN stock is down 1.3% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Ctc Media (CTCM): CTCM stock is down 1.2%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Equity Lifestyle Properties (ELS): ELS stock is down 1.2% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Papa John’s International (PZZA): PZZA stock is down 1.1% today.
- Sk Telecom Corp (SKM): SKM stock is down 1.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.