Facebook will announce Atlas at the Advertising Week conference taking place in New York next week. The new ad platform is expected to bring new ways to track advertising data to marketers, reports The Wall Street Journal.
Here are a few things to know about Facebook’s Atlas, as collected from WSJ.
- The new ad platform will include an alternative to cookies for tracking data.
- It will allow marketers to track Facebook users’ actions through their accounts.
- The system will allow marketers to see connections between mobile and desktop data.
- Atlas is a new version of the advertising service by the same name that the social media company bough from Microsoft in 2013.
- The ad platform may also allow marketers to link a user’s offline interactions with their online ones.
To learn more about Facebook Atlas, click here.
Facebook reported that is had 1.5 million advertising customers in July.
FB shares were up 1% as of Tuesday afternoon.
More Facebook (FB) News
- FB Stock Pins Hopes on New Facebook Advertising Tool
- Facebook News: FB to Test Self-Destructing Posts
- Facebook Angers Drag Queens With ‘Real Name’ Crackdown