Healthcare stocks finished up 1.7% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.8%, the Nasdaq rose 1.1% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.8% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc (VRTX): VRTX stock is up 6.8% today and up 20.5% in the last month.
- Puma Biotechnology (PBYI): PBYI stock is up 4.7% today.
- Kindred Healthcare (KND): KND stock is up 4.6% today.
- Isis Pharmaceuticals (ISIS): ISIS stock is up 4.4% today.
- NPS Pharmaceuticals (NPSP): NPSP stock is up 4.3% today.
- Biogen Idec Inc (BIIB): BIIB stock is up 4.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Seattle Genetics (SGEN): SGEN stock is up 4.0% today.
- Insulet Corp (PODD): PODD stock is up 4.0% today.
- United Therapeutics Corp (UTHR): UTHR stock is up 3.9% today.
- Cubist Pharmaceuticals (CBST): CBST stock is up 3.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Medtronic Inc (MDT): MDT stock is down 0.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Mylan Inc (MYL): MYL stock is down 0.4% today.
- Boston Scientific Corp (BSX): BSX stock is down 0.2%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.