Utilities stocks rose 0.2% on Wall Street on Wednesday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.2%, the Nasdaq was up 0.1% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.2% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Centrais Elc Braz Pfb B Elbras (EBR): EBR stock is up 2.4% today.
- Cheniere Energy (LNG): LNG stock is up 1.4% today.
- Sempra Energy (SRE): SRE stock is up 1.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Atlas Energy Llc (ATLS): ATLS stock is up 0.2% today.
- Korea Electric Power Corp (KEP): KEP stock is up 0.8% today.
- Calpine Corp (CPN): CPN stock is up 0.5% today.
- Energy Transfer Equity LP (ETE): ETE stock is up 0.5% today.
- Cleco Power Llc (CNL): CNL stock is up 0.6% today.
- El Paso Electric Company (EE): EE stock is up 0.4% today.
- Cia De Saneamento Basico Do Estado (SBS): SBS stock is up 0.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Comp En De Mn Cemig Ads (CIG): CIG stock is down 3.8% today.
- Companhia Paranaense De Energia (ELP): ELP stock is down 0.9% today.
- Transalta Corp (TAC): TAC stock is down 0.9% today.
- Huaneng Power Intl (HNP): HNP stock is down 0.7%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Trident Performance Group (TCP): TCP stock is down 0.7% today.
- Ormat Technologies (ORA): ORA stock is down 0.6% today.
- Boardwalk Pipeline Partners L.P. (BWP): BWP stock is down 0.3% today.
- Aqua America (WTR): WTR stock is down 0.2% today.
- Brookfield Infrastructure Partners LP (BIP): BIP stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.