Services stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street on Tuesday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 2.0%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 2.0%, the Nasdaq was up 2.6% and the S&P 500 climbed 2.0%.
Some of the biggest gainers among services stocks include:
- Robert Half International Inc (RHI): RHI stock is up 5.4% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Makemytrip Limited (MMYT): MMYT stock is up 4.7% today.
- Sotheby’s Holdings (BID): BID stock is up 4.5% today.
- United Rentals (URI): URI stock is up 4.5% today.
- Apollo Group (APOL): APOL stock is up 4.3% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Amc Networks Inc (AMCX): AMCX stock is up 4.3%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Liberty Media Corp. Series A (LMCA): LMCA stock is up 4.0% today.
- H&E Equipment Services (HEES): HEES stock is up 4.0%, marking the seventh consecutive day the stock has increased.
- News Corp Class B (NWS): NWS stock is up 4.0% today.
- Media General (MEG): MEG stock is up 3.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among services stocks include:
- World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE): WWE stock is down 4.4% today.
- Texas Roadhouse (TXRH): TXRH stock is down 1.9% today.
- China Mobile [Hong Kong] Ltd (CHL): CHL stock is down 1.4% today.
- Panera Bread Company (PNRA): PNRA stock is down 1.4% today.
- China Telecom Corp Ltd (CHA): CHA stock is down 1.2% today.
- Potlatch Corp (PCH): PCH stock is down 0.9% today.
- E-House [China] Holdings (EJ): EJ stock is down 0.7% today.
- HCP Inc (HCP): HCP stock is down 0.8% today.
- Ulta Salon Cosmetics & Fragrance (ULTA): ULTA stock is down 0.8% today.
- Clear Channel Outdoor Holdings (CCO): CCO stock is down 0.3% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.