Services stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street on Tuesday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 2.0%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 2.0%, the Nasdaq was up 2.6% and the S&P 500 climbed 2.0%.
Some of the biggest gainers among services stocks include:
- Robert Half International Inc (RHI): RHI stock is up 5.4% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Makemytrip Limited (MMYT): MMYT stock is up 4.7% today.
- Sotheby’s Holdings (BID): BID stock is up 4.5% today.
- United Rentals (URI): URI stock is up 4.5% today.
- Apollo Group (APOL): APOL stock is up 4.3% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Amc Networks Inc (AMCX): AMCX stock is up 4.3%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Liberty Media Corp. Series A (LMCA): LMCA stock is up 4.0% today.
- H&E Equipment Services (HEES): HEES stock is up 4.0%, marking the seventh consecutive day the stock has increased.
- News Corp Class B (NWS): NWS stock is up 4.0% today.
- Media General (MEG): MEG stock is up 3.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among services stocks include:
- World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE): WWE stock is down 4.4% today.
- Texas Roadhouse (TXRH): TXRH stock is down 1.9% today.
- China Mobile [Hong Kong] Ltd (CHL): CHL stock is down 1.4% today.
- Panera Bread Company (PNRA): PNRA stock is down 1.4% today.
- China Telecom Corp Ltd (CHA): CHA stock is down 1.2% today.
- Potlatch Corp (PCH): PCH stock is down 0.9% today.
- E-House [China] Holdings (EJ): EJ stock is down 0.7% today.
- HCP Inc (HCP): HCP stock is down 0.8% today.
- Ulta Salon Cosmetics & Fragrance (ULTA): ULTA stock is down 0.8% today.
- Clear Channel Outdoor Holdings (CCO): CCO stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.