Technology stocks finished up 1.2% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 1.3% higher, the Nasdaq increased 1.3% and the S&P 500 was up 1.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among technology stocks include:
- Netscout Systems (NTCT): NTCT stock is up 6.1% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Honeywell International Inc (HON): HON stock is up 4.5% today.
- SAP Ag (SAP): SAP stock is up 4.0% today.
- Brocade Communications Systems (BRCD): BRCD stock is up 3.7% today.
- Corelogic (CLGX): CLGX stock is up 3.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- F5 Networks (FFIV): FFIV stock is up 3.6% today.
- Salesforce.Com Inc (CRM): CRM stock is up 3.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Ellie Mae Inc (ELLI): ELLI stock is up 3.4%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Teradata Corp (TDC): TDC stock is up 3.3% today.
- Avnet Inc (AVT): AVT stock is up 3.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among technology stocks include:
- 21Vianet Group Inc (VNET): VNET stock is down 3.9% today.
- Himax Technologies (HIMX): HIMX stock is down 2.9% today.
- Canadian Solar Inc (CSIQ): CSIQ stock is down 2.9% today and down 30.2% in the last month.
- Perfect World Co. (PWRD): PWRD stock is down 2.5% today.
- Microchip Technology Inc (MCHP): MCHP stock is down 2.0% today.
- First Solar (FSLR): FSLR stock is down 1.8% today and down 25.8% in the last month.
- Cypress Semiconductor Corp (CY): CY stock is down 1.8% today.
- Medidata Solutions (MDSO): MDSO stock is down 1.8% today.
- Amkor Technology (AMKR): AMKR stock is down 1.7% today and down 27.2% in the last month.
- Finisar Corp (FNSR): FNSR stock is down 1.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.