Technology stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.9%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.8%, the Nasdaq increased 0.8% and the S&P 500 rose 0.8%.
Some of the biggest gainers among technology stocks include:
- Siliconware Precision Industries Company Ltd (SPIL): SPIL stock is up 3.3% today.
- Demandware Inc (DWRE): DWRE stock is up 3.3% today.
- Cadence Design Systems (CDNS): CDNS stock is up 2.9% today.
- Citrix Systems (CTXS): CTXS stock is up 2.8% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Catamaran Corp (CTRX): CTRX stock is up 2.5% today.
- Microsoft Corp (MSFT): MSFT stock is up 2.5% today.
- Solarwinds Inc (SWI): SWI stock is up 2.5% today.
- CA Inc (CA): CA stock is up 2.5% today.
- Check Point Software Technologies Ltd (CHKP): CHKP stock is up 2.4% today.
- Cerner Corp (CERN): CERN stock is up 2.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among technology stocks include:
- Jds Uniphase Corp (JDSU): JDSU stock is down 2.5% today.
- Alcatel Lucent (ALU): ALU stock is down 2.3% today.
- M/A-Com Technology Solutions Ho (MTSI): MTSI stock is down 1.7% today.
- Epam Systems Inc (EPAM): EPAM stock is down 1.6% today.
- Marcus & Millichap (MMI): MMI stock is down 1.6% today.
- Lexmark International (LXK): LXK stock is down 1.5% today.
- Finisar Corp (FNSR): FNSR stock is down 1.5% today.
- Web.Com Group Inc (WWWW): WWWW stock is down 1.4% today.
- Fei Company (FEIC): FEIC stock is down 1.1% today.
- Aixtron Se (AIXG): AIXG stock is down 1.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.