Utilities stocks advanced 0.8% on Wall Street so far on Monday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed consistent, the Nasdaq declined 0.2% and the S&P 500 was unchanged.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Atlas Energy Llc (ATLS): ATLS stock is up 21.0% today.
- Centrais Elc Braz Pfb B Elbras (EBR): EBR stock is up 5.3% today.
- Comp En De Mn Cemig Ads (CIG): CIG stock is up 3.7% today.
- Companhia Paranaense De Energia (ELP): ELP stock is up 2.7% today.
- Korea Electric Power Corp (KEP): KEP stock is up 2.7% today.
- Cpfl Energia S.A. (CPL): CPL stock is up 2.2% today.
- Huaneng Power Intl (HNP): HNP stock is up 2.7% today.
- Enersis S A (ENI): ENI stock is up 2.2% today.
- Empresa Nacional De Electricidad S.A. (EOC): EOC stock is up 1.8% today.
- Oneok Partners L.P. (OKS): OKS stock is up 1.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Cheniere Energy Partners LP (CQP): CQP stock is down 3.1% today.
- Terraform Power Inc. (TERP): TERP stock is down 2.2% today.
- Ormat Technologies (ORA): ORA stock is down 0.3% today.
- Covanta Holding Corp (CVA): CVA stock is down 0.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Black Hills Corp (BKH): BKH stock is down 0.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Cheniere Energy (LNG): LNG stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.