Utilities stocks finished flat today on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.1%, the Nasdaq fell 0.2% and the S&P 500 was down 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Atlas Energy Llc (ATLS): ATLS stock is up 2.2% today.
- National Fuel Gas Company (NFG): NFG stock is up 0.7% today.
- Ameren Corp (AEE): AEE stock is up 0.7% today.
- Ugi Corp (UGI): UGI stock is up 0.6% today.
- Mdu Res Group Inc (MDU): MDU stock is up 0.6% today.
- Calpine Corp (CPN): CPN stock is up 0.5% today.
- Black Hills Corp (BKH): BKH stock is up 0.5% today.
- Piedmont Natural Gas Company (PNY): PNY stock is up 0.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Public Service Enterprise Group Inc (PEG): PEG stock is up 0.4% today.
- Southwest Gas Corp (SWX): SWX stock is up 0.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Ormat Technologies (ORA): ORA stock is down 1.6% today.
- Oneok Partners L.P. (OKS): OKS stock is down 1.1% today.
- Western Gas Partners LP (WES): WES stock is down 1.0% today.
- Nextera Energy (NEE): NEE stock is down 0.6% today.
- American Water Works (AWK): AWK stock is down 0.6% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Aqua America (WTR): WTR stock is down 0.5% today.
- Pacific Gas & Electric Co. (PCG): PCG stock is down 0.5% today.
- Itc Holdings (ITC): ITC stock is down 0.5% today.
- Centerpoint Energy Inc (CNP): CNP stock is down 0.4% today.
- Mge Energy Inc (MGEE): MGEE stock is down 0.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.