Energy stocks declined on Wall Street today, down 1.9%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.7%, the Nasdaq declined 0.5% and the S&P 500 fell 0.7%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Alliance Holdings Gp L.P. (AHGP): AHGP stock is up 1.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Petrochina Company Limited (PTR): PTR stock is up 0.2% today.
- Martin Midstream Partners L.P. (MMLP): MMLP stock is up 0.2% today.
- Amerigas Partners L.P. (APU): APU stock is up 0.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Stone Energy Corp (SGY): SGY stock is down 10.1% today.
- Matador Resources Company (MTDR): MTDR stock is down 7.1% today.
- Baytex Energy Corp (BTE): BTE stock is down 5.8% today.
- Bonanza Creek Energy Inc (BCEI): BCEI stock is down 5.6% today and down 25.8% in the last month.
- Peabody Energy Corp (BTU): BTU stock is down 5.2% today.
- Cobalt International Energy (CIE): CIE stock is down 5.2% today and down 24.2% in the last month.
- Laredo Petroleum Holdings Inc (LPI): LPI stock is down 5.0% today.
- Helmerich & Payne (HP): HP stock is down 5.0% today.
- Continental Resources (CLR): CLR stock is down 5.0% today.
- Diamondback Energy Inc (FANG): FANG stock is down 4.9% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.