Energy stocks finished up 0.8% on Wall Street on Wednesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.7%, the Nasdaq declined 2.0% and the S&P 500 was down 0.7%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Breitburn Energy Partners L.P. (BBEP): BBEP stock is up 10.4% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Crestwood Equity Partners LP (CEQP): CEQP stock is up 7.5% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Stone Energy Corp (SGY): SGY stock is up 7.2% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Ross Group Plc (RGP): RGP stock is up 7.1% today.
- Carrizo Oil & Gas (CRZO): CRZO stock is up 6.6% today.
- Alliance Resource Partners L.P. (ARLP): ARLP stock is up 6.5% today.
- Global Partners LP (GLP): GLP stock is up 6.0% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Patterson-Uti Energy (PTEN): PTEN stock is up 5.7% today.
- Wpx Energy Inc. Common Stock W (WPX): WPX stock is up 5.7% today.
- Plains All American Pipeline L.P. (PAA): PAA stock is up 5.7% today on 3 times normal volume.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Marathon Petroleum Corp (MPC): MPC stock is down 2.8% today.
- Statoil ASA (STO): STO stock is down 2.4% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Oil States International (OIS): OIS stock is down 2.1% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Cenovus Energy Inc (CVE): CVE stock is down 1.6%, marking the seventh consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Cnooc Limited (CEO): CEO stock is down 1.5% today.
- Occidental Petroleum Corp (OXY): OXY stock is down 1.5% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Western Refining (WNR): WNR stock is down 1.5% today.
- Totalfinaelf S.A. (TOT): TOT stock is down 1.4% today.
- Ferrellgas Partners L.P. (FGP): FGP stock is down 1.3%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Cvr Energy Inc (CVI): CVI stock is down 1.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.