Energy stocks finished down 0.4% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.6%, the Nasdaq fell 0.1% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.6% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Pacific Drilling S.A. (PACD): PACD stock is up 3.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Oceaneering International (OII): OII stock is up 2.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Ev Energy Partners L.P. (EVEP): EVEP stock is up 1.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Questar Corp (STR): STR stock is up 1.5% today.
- Core Laboratories N.V. (CLB): CLB stock is up 1.4% today.
- Ocean Rig Udw Inc (ORIG): ORIG stock is up 1.4% today.
- Conocophillips (COP): COP stock is up 0.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Tidewater Inc (TDW): TDW stock is up 0.8% today.
- Carbo Ceramics (CRR): CRR stock is up 0.5% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Interoil Corp (IOC): IOC stock is up 0.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- USA Compression Partners LP (USAC): USAC stock is down 4.6% today.
- Baytex Energy Corp (BTE): BTE stock is down 4.2% today.
- Cabot Oil & Gas Corp (COG): COG stock is down 3.8% today.
- Nustar Energy L.P. (NS): NS stock is down 3.8% today.
- Sm Energy Company (SM): SM stock is down 3.3% today.
- Buckeye Partners L.P. (BPL): BPL stock is down 3.2% today.
- Denbury Resources (DNR): DNR stock is down 3.2% today.
- Pengrowth Energy Corp (PGH): PGH stock is down 3.0% today.
- Targa Resources Partners LP (NGLS): NGLS stock is down 2.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Global Partners LP (GLP): GLP stock is down 3.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.