Utilities stocks rose broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 1.0%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.8%, the Nasdaq rose 0.6% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.8% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Empresa Nacional De Electricidad S.A. (EOC): EOC stock is up 1.9% today.
- Cheniere Energy (LNG): LNG stock is up 1.5% today.
- Itc Holdings (ITC): ITC stock is up 1.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Atlas Energy Llc (ATLS): ATLS stock is up 1.3% today.
- Edison International (EIX): EIX stock is up 1.3% today.
- Enersis S A (ENI): ENI stock is up 1.3% today.
- Sempra Energy (SRE): SRE stock is up 1.1%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Entergy Corp (ETR): ETR stock is up 1.0%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- The Aes Corp (AES): AES stock is up 1.0% today.
- Hawaiian Electric Industries (HE): HE stock is up 1.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Western Gas Partners LP (WES): WES stock is down 1.2% today.
- Williams Partners L.P. (WPZ): WPZ stock is down 0.9% today.
- Otter Tail Corp (OTTR): OTTR stock is down 0.9% today.
- Terraform Power Inc. (TERP): TERP stock is down 0.6% today.
- California Water Service Group Holding (CWT): CWT stock is down 0.5% today.
- Portland General Electric Company (POR): POR stock is down 0.2% today.
- El Paso Electric Company (EE): EE stock is down 0.2% today.
- Oge Energy Corp (OGE): OGE stock is down 0.2% today.
- South Jersey Industries (SJI): SJI stock is down 0.2% today.
- Great Plains Energy Inc (GXP): GXP stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.