Technology stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street on Thursday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.5%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.2%, the Nasdaq was up 0.4% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.2% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among technology stocks include:
- Intel Corp (INTC): INTC stock is up 4.7%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Finisar Corp (FNSR): FNSR stock is up 4.5%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Alcatel Lucent (ALU): ALU stock is up 3.5% today and up 27.2% in the last month.
- Rackspace Hosting Inc (RAX): RAX stock is up 2.9% today.
- Teletech Holdings (TTEC): TTEC stock is up 2.7% today.
- Logitech International S.A. (LOGI): LOGI stock is up 2.7% today.
- Interdigital (IDCC): IDCC stock is up 2.6% today.
- Lg Display Co. Limited American (LPL): LPL stock is up 2.5% today.
- Canadian Solar Inc (CSIQ): CSIQ stock is up 2.2% today.
- Sierra Wireless (SWIR): SWIR stock is up 2.2% today and up 39.2% in the last month.
Some of the biggest losers among technology stocks include:
- Stmicroelectronics N.V. (STM): STM stock is down 2.8% today.
- Celestica Inc (CLS): CLS stock is down 2.1% today.
- Synaptics Inc (SYNA): SYNA stock is down 1.4% today.
- Knowles Corporation Common Stoc (KN): KN stock is down 1.3% today.
- Cognizant Technology Solutions (CTSH): CTSH stock is down 1.3% today.
- Vmware Inc (VMW): VMW stock is down 1.1% today.
- Nidec Corp (NJ): NJ stock is down 0.9% today.
- Garmin Ltd (GRMN): GRMN stock is down 0.8% today.
- Semiconductor Manufacturing International (SMI): SMI stock is down 0.8% today.
- Allscripts Healthcare Solutions (MDRX): MDRX stock is down 0.7%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.