Services stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street on Wednesday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.2%, the Nasdaq was down 0.5% and the S&P 500 fell 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among services stocks include:
- Chico’s Fas (CHS): CHS stock is up 3.0% today.
- Charter Communications (CHTR): CHTR stock is up 2.3% today.
- Caseys General Stores (CASY): CASY stock is up 1.6% today.
- Aaron’s Inc (AAN): AAN stock is up 1.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- CBS Corp (CBS): CBS stock is up 1.4% today.
- Apollo Group (APOL): APOL stock is up 0.9% today.
- Cato Corp (CATO): CATO stock is up 1.1% today.
- Cbl & Associates Properties (CBL): CBL stock is up 1.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Big Lots (BIG): BIG stock is up 0.8% today.
- Antero Resources Midstream Llc (AM): AM stock is up 0.8% today and up 49.4% in the last month.
Some of the biggest losers among services stocks include:
- Atlantic Tele-Network (ATNI): ATNI stock is down 1.8%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Mack-Cali Realty Corp (CLI): CLI stock is down 1.7% today.
- Cinemark Holdings Inc (CNK): CNK stock is down 1.8% today.
- Biomed Realty Trust (BMR): BMR stock is down 1.9% today.
- Ctrip.Com International (CTRP): CTRP stock is down 1.6% today.
- Chesapeake Lodging Trust (CHSP): CHSP stock is down 1.6% today.
- Aruba Networks (ARUN): ARUN stock is down 1.1% today.
- Colony Financial Inc (CLNY): CLNY stock is down 1.4% today.
- Saul Centers (BFS): BFS stock is down 1.5% today.
- Franklin Street Properties (FSP): FSP stock is down 1.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.