Energy stocks declined on Wall Street today, down 0.8%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.5%, the Nasdaq was down 0.7% and the S&P 500 fell 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Holly Energy Partners L.P. (HEP): HEP stock is up 2.8% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Ocean Rig Udw Inc (ORIG): ORIG stock is up 1.9% today.
- Alliance Holdings Gp L.P. (AHGP): AHGP stock is up 1.6% today.
- Teekay Offshore Partners L.P. (TOO): TOO stock is up 1.5% today and up 20.0% in the last month.
- Oiltanking Partners L.P. (OILT): OILT stock is up 0.9% today.
- Tesoro Logistics LP Common Unit (TLLP): TLLP stock is up 0.8% today.
- Amerigas Partners L.P. (APU): APU stock is up 0.7% today.
- Matador Resources Company (MTDR): MTDR stock is up 0.6% today and up 31.7% in the last month.
- BP Prudhoe Bay Royalty Trust (BPT): BPT stock is up 0.5% today.
- Penn West Petroleum Ltd (PWE): PWE stock is up 0.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Cimarex Energy Co (XEC): XEC stock is down 2.8% today.
- Consol Energy Inc (CNX): CNX stock is down 2.7% today.
- Rose Rock Midstream L.P. (RRMS): RRMS stock is down 2.5% today on 5 times normal volume.
- Ferrellgas Partners L.P. (FGP): FGP stock is down 2.4% today.
- Totalfinaelf S.A. (TOT): TOT stock is down 2.3% today.
- Whiting Petroleum Corp (WLL): WLL stock is down 2.3% today.
- IHS Inc (IHS): IHS stock is down 2.2% today.
- Energen Corp (EGN): EGN stock is down 2.2% today.
- FMC Technologies (FTI): FTI stock is down 2.1% today.
- Pioneer Natural Resources Company (PXD): PXD stock is down 2.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.