Financial stocks finished down on Wall Street today, down 1.1%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 1.0%, the Nasdaq was down 1.0% and the S&P 500 fell 1.0%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Amtrust Financial Services (AFSI): AFSI stock is up 2.3% today.
- Eaton Vance Limited Duration (EVV): EVV stock is up 1.7% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Balckrock Build America Trust (BBN): BBN stock is up 1.0% today.
- The Carlyle Group L.P. (CG): CG stock is up 0.6% today.
- Clearbridge Energy MLP Fund Inc (CEM): CEM stock is up 0.6% today.
- Duff & Phelps Utilities Income (DNP): DNP stock is up 0.6% today.
- Oaktree Capital Group Llc (OAK): OAK stock is up 0.6% today.
- Eaton Vance Tax Advantaged Dividend (EVT): EVT stock is up 0.5% today.
- Encore Capital Group Inc (ECPG): ECPG stock is up 0.4% today.
- Fbl Financial Group (FFG): FFG stock is up 0.4% today on 3 times normal volume.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Eaton Vance Corp (ETV): ETV stock is down 3.6% today on 7 times normal volume.
- Eaton Vance Corp (ETW): ETW stock is down 2.6% today on 5 times normal volume.
- Euronet Worldwide (EEFT): EEFT stock is down 2.5% today.
- Argo Group International Holdings Ltd (AGII): AGII stock is down 2.3% today.
- Gabelli Equity Trust (GAB): GAB stock is down 2.0% today on 4 times normal volume.
- Greenlight Capital Re (GLRE): GLRE stock is down 2.0% today.
- Cno Financial Group (CNO): CNO stock is down 1.9% today.
- United Community Banks (UCBI): UCBI stock is down 1.8% today.
- Reinsurance Group of America Inc (RGA): RGA stock is down 1.8% today.
- Umpqua Holdings Corp (UMPQ): UMPQ stock is down 1.8% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.