Capital goods stocks rose 1.6% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 1.5% higher, the Nasdaq increased 1.9% and the S&P 500 was up 1.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- Louisiana-Pacific Corp (LPX): LPX stock is up 3.6% today.
- Triumph Group (TGI): TGI stock is up 3.4% today.
- Moog Inc (MOG.A): MOG.A stock is up 3.4% today.
- Vulcan Materials Company (VMC): VMC stock is up 2.8% today.
- Alliant Techsystems Inc (ATK): ATK stock is up 2.8%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Zebra Technologies Corp (ZBRA): ZBRA stock is up 2.8% today.
- Cubic Corp (CUB): CUB stock is up 2.7% today.
- Ingersoll-Rand Plc (Ireland) (IR): IR stock is up 2.6% today.
- Harsco Corp (HSC): HSC stock is up 2.5% today.
- Thor Industries (THO): THO stock is up 2.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- Dresser-Rand Group Inc (DRC): DRC stock is down 0.2% today.
- Forest City Ent Cl A (FCE.A): FCE.A stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.