Utilities stocks finished up 0.3% on Wall Street on Friday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.6%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.2% higher and the S&P 500 declined 0.6%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Ormat Technologies (ORA): ORA stock is up 2.0% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Itc Holdings (ITC): ITC stock is up 1.4% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Otter Tail Corp (OTTR): OTTR stock is up 1.3% today.
- Atlas Energy Llc (ATLS): ATLS stock is up 1.3% today.
- Laclede Group (LG): LG stock is up 1.0% today.
- Portland General Electric Company (POR): POR stock is up 0.9% today.
- Northwestern Corp (NWE): NWE stock is up 0.9% today.
- California Water Service Group Holding (CWT): CWT stock is up 0.9% today.
- Agl Resources (GAS): GAS stock is up 0.8% today.
- Boardwalk Pipeline Partners L.P. (BWP): BWP stock is up 0.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Spectra Energy Partners LP (SEP): SEP stock is down 1.8% today.
- Transalta Corp (TAC): TAC stock is down 1.0% today.
- Williams Partners L.P. (WPZ): WPZ stock is down 1.0% today.
- Oneok Inc (OKE): OKE stock is down 1.0% today.
- Cheniere Energy (LNG): LNG stock is down 0.9% today.
- Hawaiian Electric Industries (HE): HE stock is down 0.8% today.
- Spectra Energy Corp (SE): SE stock is down 0.5% today.
- Black Hills Corp (BKH): BKH stock is down 0.5% today.
- Brookfield Infrastructure Partners LP (BIP): BIP stock is down 0.5% today.
- TCP Pipelines (TCP): TCP stock is down 0.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.