Technology stocks rose 0.4% on Wall Street on Wednesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average remained flat, the Nasdaq pushed 0.4% higher and the S&P 500 stayed the same.
Some of the biggest gainers among technology stocks include:
- Vmware Inc (VMW): VMW stock is up 3.7% today.
- Silicon Laboratories (SLAB): SLAB stock is up 3.4% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Littelfuse (LFUS): LFUS stock is up 2.8% today.
- Red Hat Inc (RHT): RHT stock is up 2.4% today.
- Verifone Systems (PAY): PAY stock is up 2.4% today.
- Universal Display Corp (OLED): OLED stock is up 2.4% today.
- Iac/Interactivecorp (IACI): IACI stock is up 2.4% today.
- Siliconware Precision Industries Company Ltd (SPIL): SPIL stock is up 2.4% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Apple Inc (AAPL): AAPL stock is up 2.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Advanced Semiconductor Engineering (ASX): ASX stock is up 2.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among technology stocks include:
- Dealertrack Holdings (TRAK): TRAK stock is down 2.6% today.
- Ambarella Inc (AMBA): AMBA stock is down 2.5% today.
- Cisco Systems (CSCO): CSCO stock is down 2.0% today.
- Tyler Technologies (TYL): TYL stock is down 1.7% today.
- Take-Two Interactive Software (TTWO): TTWO stock is down 1.7% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Hexcel Corp (HXL): HXL stock is down 1.7% today.
- Sanmina-Sci Corp (SANM): SANM stock is down 1.6% today.
- Pitney Bowes Inc (PBI): PBI stock is down 1.3% today.
- Grubhub Inc. (GRUB): GRUB stock is down 1.3% today.
- Guidewire Software Inc. Common (GWRE): GWRE stock is down 1.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.