Consumer noncyclical stocks advanced 0.1% on Wall Street so far on Thursday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.5%, the Nasdaq was up 0.7% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.5% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- The Whitewave Foods Company (WWAV): WWAV stock is up 5.7% today.
- Flowers Foods (FLO): FLO stock is up 5.1% today.
- Fomento Economico Mexicano S.A.B. De C.V. (FMX): FMX stock is up 2.6% today.
- Nu Skin Enterprises (NUS): NUS stock is up 1.6% today and up 35.2% in the last month.
- Gruma S.A. De C.V. (GMK): GMK stock is up 1.2% today.
- Coca Cola Femsa S.A.B. De C.V. (KOF): KOF stock is up 1.1% today.
- Boston Beer Company (SAM): SAM stock is up 0.9% today.
- United Stationers Inc (USTR): USTR stock is up 0.9% today.
- Newell Rubbermaid Inc (NWL): NWL stock is up 0.9% today.
- Philip Morris International Inc (PM): PM stock is up 0.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Treehouse Foods (THS): THS stock is down 9.2% today.
- Bunge Limited (BG): BG stock is down 5.8% today.
- Kellogg Company (K): K stock is down 4.4% today.
- Pilgrim’s Pride Corp (PPC): PPC stock is down 4.1% today.
- Owens Corning Inc (OC): OC stock is down 1.9% today.
- Avon Products (AVP): AVP stock is down 1.5%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Industrias Bachoco S.A. De C.V. (IBA): IBA stock is down 1.5% today.
- Embotell Andina Sa A (AKO.A): AKO.A stock is down 0.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Embotell Andna Sa B (AKO.B): AKO.B stock is down 0.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Pepsico Inc (PEP): PEP stock is down 0.9% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.