Energy stocks declined broadly on Wall Street on Thursday morning, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 1.8%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.2%, the Nasdaq was up 0.2% and the S&P 500 declined 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Sunoco L.P. (SUN): SUN stock is up 3.0% today.
- Tesoro Petroleum Corp (TSO): TSO stock is up 3.5% today.
- Valero Energy Corp (VLO): VLO stock is up 2.0% today.
- Western Refining (WNR): WNR stock is up 1.9% today.
- Williams Companies (WMB): WMB stock is up 1.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Penn West Petroleum Ltd (PWE): PWE stock is down 7.5% today.
- Precision Drilling Corp (PDS): PDS stock is down 7.3% today.
- Enerplus Corp (ERF): ERF stock is down 5.4% today.
- Denbury Resources (DNR): DNR stock is down 7.3% today.
- Sandridge Energy Inc (SD): SD stock is down 5.6% today.
- Eog Resources (EOG): EOG stock is down 4.4% today.
- Laredo Petroleum Holdings Inc (LPI): LPI stock is down 5.5% today.
- Linn Energy Llc (LINE): LINE stock is down 4.8% today.
- Noble Energy Inc (NBL): NBL stock is down 4.7% today.
- Baytex Energy Corp (BTE): BTE stock is down 5.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.