Healthcare stocks finished down on Wall Street today, down 0.1%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.3%, the Nasdaq stayed level and the S&P 500 climbed 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Isis Pharmaceuticals (ISIS): ISIS stock is up 2.6% today.
- Boston Scientific Corp (BSX): BSX stock is up 1.9% today.
- Cardinal Health (CAH): CAH stock is up 1.3% today.
- Becton Dickinson and Company (BDX): BDX stock is up 1.2% today.
- Masimo Corp (MASI): MASI stock is up 1.2% today.
- Teleflex Inc (TFX): TFX stock is up 1.2% today.
- Dentsply International Inc (XRAY): XRAY stock is up 1.1% today.
- West Pharmaceutical Services (WST): WST stock is up 1.1% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Alnylam Pharmaceuticals (ALNY): ALNY stock is up 1.1% today and up 20.5% in the last month.
- Examworks Group (EXAM): EXAM stock is up 1.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Select Medical Holdings Corp (SEM): SEM stock is down 5.3% today.
- Array Biopharma Inc (ARRY): ARRY stock is down 5.0% today.
- Ironwood Pharmaceuticals (IRWD): IRWD stock is down 4.1% today.
- Halozyme Therapeutics (HALO): HALO stock is down 3.4% today.
- Myriad Genetics (MYGN): MYGN stock is down 2.8% today.
- Hms Holdings Corp (HMSY): HMSY stock is down 2.2% today.
- Ligand Pharmaceuticals Inc (LGND): LGND stock is down 1.9% today.
- Emergent Biosolutions (EBS): EBS stock is down 1.9% today.
- Seattle Genetics (SGEN): SGEN stock is down 1.8% today.
- Acorda Therapeutics (ACOR): ACOR stock is down 1.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.