Energy stocks rose broadly on Wall Street so far on Monday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.1%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.3%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.1% higher and the S&P 500 increased 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Whiting Petroleum Corp (WLL): WLL stock is up 11.7% today.
- Marathon Petroleum Corp (MPC): MPC stock is up 2.8% today.
- Hollyfrontier Corp (HFC): HFC stock is up 2.9% today.
- Oasis Petroleum Inc (OAS): OAS stock is up 3.0% today.
- Western Refining (WNR): WNR stock is up 2.3% today.
- Eni S.P.A. (E): E stock is up 1.8% today.
- Cvr Energy Inc (CVI): CVI stock is up 1.6% today.
- Tesoro Petroleum Corp (TSO): TSO stock is up 1.5% today.
- Delek US Holdings (DK): DK stock is up 1.3% today.
- Diamondback Energy Inc (FANG): FANG stock is up 0.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Chesapeake Energy Corp (CHK): CHK stock is down 3.6% today and down 27.9% in the last month.
- RPC Inc (RES): RES stock is down 2.2% today.
- Ultra Petroleum (UPL): UPL stock is down 3.4% today.
- Baytex Energy Corp (BTE): BTE stock is down 1.0% today.
- Superior Energy Services (SPN): SPN stock is down 2.8% today.
- Patterson-Uti Energy (PTEN): PTEN stock is down 2.5% today.
- Precision Drilling Corp (PDS): PDS stock is down 1.5% today.
- Denbury Resources (DNR): DNR stock is down 1.2% today.
- Breitburn Energy Partners L.P. (BBEP): BBEP stock is down 3.6% today.
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR.A): PBR.A stock is down 3.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.