Utilities stocks finished flat today on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.9%, the Nasdaq was down 1.1% and the S&P 500 declined 0.9%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Calpine Corp (CPN): CPN stock is up 1.7% today.
- Avista Corp (AVA): AVA stock is up 1.5% today.
- NRG Energy (NRG): NRG stock is up 1.1% today.
- Duke Energy Corp (DUK): DUK stock is up 1.2% today.
- Idacorp Inc (IDA): IDA stock is up 1.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- The Aes Corp (AES): AES stock is up 0.9% today.
- Cms Energy Corp (CMS): CMS stock is up 0.8% today.
- Portland General Electric Company (POR): POR stock is up 0.6% today.
- Great Plains Energy Inc (GXP): GXP stock is up 0.8% today.
- Transalta Corp (TAC): TAC stock is up 0.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Targa Resources (TRGP): TRGP stock is down 1.4% today.
- Centerpoint Energy Inc (CNP): CNP stock is down 1.1% today.
- Spectra Energy Corp (SE): SE stock is down 1.3% today.
- Dcp Midstream Partners LP (DPM): DPM stock is down 1.3% today.
- Energy Transfer Partners (ETP): ETP stock is down 1.2% today.
- Western Gas Partners LP (WES): WES stock is down 1.0% today.
- Edison International (EIX): EIX stock is down 0.9% today.
- Energy Transfer Equity LP (ETE): ETE stock is down 0.7% today.
- Itc Holdings (ITC): ITC stock is down 0.7% today.
- Hawaiian Electric Industries (HE): HE stock is down 0.6% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.