Energy stocks advanced 0.3% on Wall Street on Wednesday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.6%, the Nasdaq was down 0.7% and the S&P 500 declined 0.6%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Cosan Limited (CZZ): CZZ stock is up 5.4% today.
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR.A): PBR.A stock is up 4.1% today.
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR): PBR stock is up 3.8% today.
- Laredo Petroleum Holdings Inc (LPI): LPI stock is up 3.2% today.
- Superior Energy Services (SPN): SPN stock is up 2.6% today.
- Yanzhou Coal Mining Company (YZC): YZC stock is up 2.6% today.
- Patterson-Uti Energy (PTEN): PTEN stock is up 2.2% today.
- Ultra Petroleum (UPL): UPL stock is up 2.5% today.
- Ep Energy Corp (EPE): EPE stock is up 2.9% today.
- Newfield Exploration Company (NFX): NFX stock is up 2.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Hanwha Q Cells Co. Ltd (HQCL): HQCL stock is down 7.4% today.
- Ferrellgas Partners L.P. (FGP): FGP stock is down 0.7% today.
- Columbia Pipeline Partners LP (CPPL): CPPL stock is down 0.7% today.
- IHS Inc (IHS): IHS stock is down 0.9% today.
- Questar Corp (STR): STR stock is down 0.6% today.
- Suburban Propane Partners L.P. (SPH): SPH stock is down 0.6% today.
- Amerigas Partners L.P. (APU): APU stock is down 0.1% today.
- Ypf Sociedad Anonima (YPF): YPF stock is down 0.2% today.
- Tesoro Petroleum Corp (TSO): TSO stock is down 0.4% today.
- Interoil Corp (IOC): IOC stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.