Technology stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street on Monday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.7%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.6%, the Nasdaq was up 0.7% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.6% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among technology stocks include:
- Epam Systems Inc (EPAM): EPAM stock is up 5.8% today.
- Soufun Holdings (SFUN): SFUN stock is up 5.3% today.
- Canon Inc (CAJ): CAJ stock is up 4.0% today.
- Celestica Inc (CLS): CLS stock is up 3.7% today.
- Vmware Inc (VMW): VMW stock is up 3.7% today.
- Workday Inc (WDAY): WDAY stock is up 2.5% today.
- Hill-Rom Holdings Inc (HRC): HRC stock is up 2.5% today.
- Emerson Electric Company (EMR): EMR stock is up 2.5% today.
- Nidec Corp (NJ): NJ stock is up 2.2% today.
- Alere Inc (ALR): ALR stock is up 2.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among technology stocks include:
- Spectrum Brands Holdings (SPB): SPB stock is down 1.9% today.
- Knowles Corporation Common Stoc (KN): KN stock is down 1.5% today.
- Motorola Solutions (MSI): MSI stock is down 0.9% today.
- Interxion Holding N.V. (INXN): INXN stock is down 0.8% today.
- Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing (TSM): TSM stock is down 0.6% today.
- Gamestop Corp (GME): GME stock is down 0.4% today.
- Advanced Semiconductor Engineering (ASX): ASX stock is down 0.4% today.
- AOL Inc (AOL): AOL stock is down 0.6% today.
- Pitney Bowes Inc (PBI): PBI stock is down 0.4% today.
- Lg Display Co. Limited American (LPL): LPL stock is down 0.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.