Technology stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street on Monday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.7%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.6%, the Nasdaq was up 0.7% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.6% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among technology stocks include:
- Epam Systems Inc (EPAM): EPAM stock is up 5.8% today.
- Soufun Holdings (SFUN): SFUN stock is up 5.3% today.
- Canon Inc (CAJ): CAJ stock is up 4.0% today.
- Celestica Inc (CLS): CLS stock is up 3.7% today.
- Vmware Inc (VMW): VMW stock is up 3.7% today.
- Workday Inc (WDAY): WDAY stock is up 2.5% today.
- Hill-Rom Holdings Inc (HRC): HRC stock is up 2.5% today.
- Emerson Electric Company (EMR): EMR stock is up 2.5% today.
- Nidec Corp (NJ): NJ stock is up 2.2% today.
- Alere Inc (ALR): ALR stock is up 2.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among technology stocks include:
- Spectrum Brands Holdings (SPB): SPB stock is down 1.9% today.
- Knowles Corporation Common Stoc (KN): KN stock is down 1.5% today.
- Motorola Solutions (MSI): MSI stock is down 0.9% today.
- Interxion Holding N.V. (INXN): INXN stock is down 0.8% today.
- Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing (TSM): TSM stock is down 0.6% today.
- Gamestop Corp (GME): GME stock is down 0.4% today.
- Advanced Semiconductor Engineering (ASX): ASX stock is down 0.4% today.
- AOL Inc (AOL): AOL stock is down 0.6% today.
- Pitney Bowes Inc (PBI): PBI stock is down 0.4% today.
- Lg Display Co. Limited American (LPL): LPL stock is down 0.4% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.