Utilities stocks finished up 0.7% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.3%, the Nasdaq declined 0.2% and the S&P 500 increased 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Boardwalk Pipeline Partners L.P. (BWP): BWP stock is up 1.6% today.
- Southwest Gas Corp (SWX): SWX stock is up 1.5% today.
- Pacific Gas & Electric Co. (PCG): PCG stock is up 1.4% today.
- Hawaiian Electric Industries (HE): HE stock is up 1.3% today.
- Idacorp Inc (IDA): IDA stock is up 1.3% today.
- Uil Holdings Corp (UIL): UIL stock is up 1.3% today.
- NRG Energy (NRG): NRG stock is up 1.2% today.
- Ugi Corp (UGI): UGI stock is up 1.2% today.
- Empire District Electric Company (EDE): EDE stock is up 1.2% today.
- National Fuel Gas Company (NFG): NFG stock is up 1.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Calpine Corp (CPN): CPN stock is down 0.4% today.
- Williams Partners L.P. (WPZ): WPZ stock is down 0.3% today.
- Empresa Nacional De Electricidad S.A. (EOC): EOC stock is down 0.3% today.
- Energy Transfer Equity LP (ETE): ETE stock is down 0.3% today.
- Brookfield Infrastructure Partners LP (BIP): BIP stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.